Best answer

SMS mesages when I move the card in Trello from a list to another

• 22 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello! Here is the situation: I need automation for custom furniture made from cheap wood.

There are 3 steps in the production of the furniture.

1- Cutting the boards.
2- Applying ABS edge.
3- Making the CNC holes.
4- Finish/Pickup.

We made a Trello account and we have those 4 lists.

Every emploiee will drag and drop the card to the next list (with every customer) when he will finish his step.

I have tried (and failed) to create an automation that will send the customer an SMS message every time his boards are going into another process until finished.

I have connected Trello with Zapier and after that, I connected Zapier with Twilio. Later after testing a lot, I realized that I need to tell Zapier/Twilio that the information for the phone number is from the cards that are added to the lists.

Question:
Is there a way to target the phone numbers from each card we add in order to SMS our customers the situation with their projects?

Thank You!

icon

Best answer by Paolo 23 January 2023, 00:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Johanes Qualitat, hope you’re doing well!

I imagine the phone number is located in the description of the Trello card, is that right?

If that’s the case, here are some possible ways of getting the phone number for use with an SMS app:

Hi @Johanes Qualitat, hope you’re doing well!

I imagine the phone number is located in the description of the Trello card, is that right?

If that’s the case, here are some possible ways of getting the phone number for use with an SMS app:

Thank You for your time to help! I will try your suggestion as soon as I can!