Best answer

Smartsheet to Webex Teams Attachment

• 5 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello All,

I am getting an error when trying to post new attachments in smartsheet to a webex teams chat. This is the error: Got 400 calling POST https://api.ciscospark.com/v1/messages, expected 2xx. I also attached a picture. It seems to pull the attachment fine, the error comes in the posting of the attachment. Does anyone know what that error is referring to?

Thanks

error.jpg

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 April 2020, 18:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Joe

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed. Typically Zapier has access to more detailed logs and should be able to identify what exactly the API doesn't like.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Joe Hi and thanks for posting this question into our Community! It looks like you listed the name of the file in the File field, this needs to be the "download URL" or "Direct Link" for this to work. Would you please give it a try and let us know if it worked for you?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Joe I can see that you reached out to our Support Team about this and the issue was that you need a download URL in the File field for Cisco Webex Team. The trouble was that there wasn’t a download url available in the information from SmartSheet. 

If anyone is having a similar issue, the Support Team recommended a workaround. You would need to add another step between Smartsheet and Cisco Webex Team to get that link. One option would be to use Google Drive - where you can upload that file and then get a Google link for the file. Then in the last step, pass that Google link for the file into Cisco Webex Team.