Best answer

Smartsheet Copy Row - are attachments included?

• 14 May 2021
  • 3 replies

HI,

For those who uses smartsheet, I know there is an automation where it copys row to antoher sheet if the condition are met. But since I have too many columns that I do not want to copy over, I’ll be using Zapier to copy specific columns if criteria are met. 

So my question is, does zapier copy over attachment as well when rows are copied? Also, I notice only update row are allow to choose which columns to copy over.

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 14 May 2021, 20:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @christina 

This may help explain

I can't select my Smartsheet attachments or discussions columns.

There isn't currently a way to match file attachments or discussions for Smartsheet Triggers or Actions.

I am trying to get my Gmail attachment into Smartsheet.

There isn't currently a way for Smartsheet actions to receive files provided by certain Zapier file-enabled triggers (Gmail and others).

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks, you definitely answered my question.

Do you happen to know if there is a way to update certain columns/cells in another sheet?

For instance:

I have a sheet in smartsheet with people’s data (email, phone, address...etc), can it auto update the data in another sheet in smartsheet with the lookup ID of, let say email?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @christina 

Check out the available triggers/actions for Smartsheets via their Zap app: https://zapier.com/apps/smartsheet/integrations#triggers-and-actions

NOTE: There are no SEARCH actions available, so you’d have to know the Row ID to update first.