Question

Smartsheet / Asana row indent

• 21 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I am new to Zappier so looking for some simple answers about whether I can do what I want, and how. Building my project plan is based on a template but once copied I need to do a lot of row additions as well as indents to generate a structure that Asana calls task/subtasks.

A few questions about integrating the two:

1. is there a Zap you can create that generates a task on row creation but triggered by an action in Smartsheet, like a specific column with a dropdown selection that says something like ‘generate task’?
  2. is there also a Zap you can create that creates a SUB task assuming a) the row is indented in Smartsheet and b) I presume generated as above?
  3. what would be required to generate the same pair of Tasks and SubTasks as rows and indented rows if someone was working in Asana doing the same?

I’m not super thick but again, this integration app is new to me, so apologies if its covered elsewhere. Note that I am primarily a Smartsheet user and trying to allow people in the office who use Asana to see the project I am working on a format they are familiar with, with (potential) bonus for them to generate tasks that appear in my Project.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Smartsheet available triggers/actions: https://zapier.com/apps/smartsheet/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Asana available triggers/actions/searches: https://zapier.com/apps/asana/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @protourman ,

Below are some general ideas based on your use case. Let me know if these are helpful!

1. is there a Zap you can create that generates a task on row creation but triggered by an action in Smartsheet, like a specific column with a dropdown selection that says something like ‘generate task’?

1. is there also a Zap you can create that creates a SUB task assuming a) the row is indented in Smartsheet and b) I presume generated as above?

2. what would be required to generate the same pair of Tasks and SubTasks as rows and indented rows if someone was working in Asana doing the same?