Best answer

Sleep data in Zaps?

• 12 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

As my journal app of choice (Journey) is connected to Zapier, I’m wondering if there’s a way to import a daily posting based on sleep data from Google Fit or Garmin connect. For some reason neither of them can be selected as a data source.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 13 January 2023, 23:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @YellowRandolf 

Good question.

The list of available Zap apps can be searched here: https://zapier.com/apps

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there @YellowRandolf - building off what Troy mentioned above, both Google Fit and Garmin do not have current Zapier integrations. 

If you are flexible about what fitness tool you want to use, looks like Strava is a fitness app that does connect to Zapier, if that’s of any interest. 

I did a quick google search to see if there are some creative ways to export google fit or gamin data out of the tool into a CSV, but looks like they are pretty locked down 😕. Happy to hear if anyone else has a creative idea or if Strava might be a tool you can explore. 

Best,
Rachael

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you are flexible about what fitness tool you want to use, looks like Strava is a fitness app that does connect to Zapier, if that’s of any interest. 

I did a quick google search to see if there are some creative ways to export google fit or gamin data out of the tool into a CSV, but looks like they are pretty locked down 😕. Happy to hear if anyone else has a creative idea or if Strava might be a tool you can explore. 

Hiya! I wanted to pop in and mention while both Google Fit and Garmin Connect aren’t supported apps at the moment, I did add votes for both to our internal app wishlist. 🙂

If they’re offered in the future we’ll be sure to email ya! In the meantime, if you're curious, here's a bit more on how new services typically get added to Zapier.

Thanks so much for raising this in community! ⚡️

Userlevel 1

Hi there @YellowRandolf - building off what Troy mentioned above, both Google Fit and Garmin do not have current Zapier integrations. 

If you are flexible about what fitness tool you want to use, looks like Strava is a fitness app that does connect to Zapier, if that’s of any interest. ...

Strava is very much of interest as I’m a premium user. The ease of importing Strava activities into Zapier made me actually look at integrating sleep data because / but: Strava tracks activities like runs/rides/swims but does not record sleep data! After the successful Zapier ‘trial’ for my workouts, I was now looking for the equivalent for my recovery / sleep phases and couldn’t find anything that worked. Would love to see that to change soon, thanks to @christina.d@Rachael S and @Troy Tessalone for your resourceful answers!