Best answer

Slack User Analytics

• 27 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m looking for a way to pull user analytics from my Slack community. I want to have it feed into another application or into a spreadsheet (Google Sheets) - are there any Zapier workflows that could help with this? Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 27 August 2020, 14:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @heather 

It depends on what type of analytics you want to pull?

Here are all the ‘events’ in Slack you can trigger a zap on:

So, in theory, you could build zaps for any/all of these and then increment a counter on a Google Sheet or send the data to one of the many dashboard apps Zapier supports.

However, you’ll want to keep in mind that because Zapier triggers on each event in Slack, these zaps could potentially use a lot of tasks - meaning you could end up paying quite a bit for Zapier. I wrote a blog post about how Zapier charges for tasks if it’s helpful.

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much! We want to pull Active Users (over time - either daily weekly or monthly so we can manipulate the data) - do you know if any of those triggers will work for that purpose?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@heather - I suppose any one of those events could be counted as a user being active - so just record any users who do anything on a spreadsheet along with the date/time.

Userlevel 1

Thank you!!! @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu much appreciated!