Question

Slack threaded reply when the Slack status say "Working Remotely" when certain keywords appear in the message.

• 13 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hey guys,

Im new to Zapier, I didn’t find a beginner friendly way to achieve this.

I want my Zapier to reply in threads to messages in a few Slack channels if they happen to have any of the few set of keywords in the message body. And it should only reply to those  messages, if my Slack status say “Working remotely”

I want it to say something same and simple every time, like - “Yes”

Few nice to haves -

1. It will nice to have if the Zap once triggered and actioned, takes a break for a set amount of time, say 2 hours. It will be further nice to have if my control over this is a bit more dynamic; in short, it would be really nice to have if i can snooze and activate this when i want.
  2. Once it sends a message in slack threads, it would be nice to get notified in Whatsapp or preferably by SMS or by a missed call.

Also please tell me at what level of Zapier price plan I need to have to achieve this. If everything is doable in free plan, that will be super nice, but don’t have high expectations. :)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @automaticrobo 

You would likely need a Filter step in the Zap and that would make the Zap a multistep Zap which requires a Zapier paid plan.

Hi @automaticrobo 

You would likely need a Filter step in the Zap and that would make the Zap a multistep Zap which requires a Zapier paid plan.

Hey Thanks for the reply, Im willing to upgrade to a paid plan for the time being. I set up this Zap but im still not able make the zap check if im online in slack and only message if im online. Can you help me with that part?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@automaticrobo 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

@automaticrobo

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your steps are outlined and configured.

@Troy Tessalone 

hey heres a screenshot of what i did till now:

Trigger: Trigger is whenenver a new message arrives in the channel.

Keywords filter: It has certain number of keywords that has to be in the message for it to get triggered.

Action: It messages “Example” as a threaded message to the original message.

Whats missing? I want slack to send this message only if I’m online on Slack.
Or atleast it has to check my slack status before sending message. For eg: if my slack status says “Working remotely” it sends message and if it says something else, then the message should be sent.

some nice to haves mentioned before- 

1. It will nice to have if the Zap once triggered and actioned, takes a break for a set amount of time, say 2 hours. It will be further nice to have if my control over this is a bit more dynamic; in short, it would be really nice to have if i can snooze and activate this when i want.
  2. Once it sends a message in slack threads, it would be nice to get notified in Whatsapp or preferably by SMS or by a missed call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@automaticrobo 

Try adding 2 more steps after the first filter

• Action: Slack - Find User (by ID,Email,Username,Name)
    • Toggle the Search Raw Results = ON
  • Action: Filter
    • Check for the desired Status