Best answer

Slack threaded reply to google sheet

• 23 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a bot that pushes information to a slack channel as a message. 
I have set up a zap that pushed the message in slack to a google sheet. this works nicely, but I see that people reply to the message in the slack channel in the thread of the message, this too contains pertinent information that I would like to push to Google sheet (new row) 

I am just not sure which trigger to use to achieve this or if it s able to be done.  

icon

Best answer by christina.d 28 August 2021, 00:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Ja9!

Thanks for reaching out! I did a quick look in our apps directory for Slack and while there is an existing trigger for “New Message Posted to Channel” and “New Message Posted to Private Channel” there isn’t one for threaded messages at this time. That said there is an open feature request for this that I’ve gone ahead and added your vote to! That way if this does get implemented down the line we’ll be sure to keep you and the thread updated. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Sounds Great, 
Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @Ja9 , 

Zapier team has already confirmed that they have voted for this open feature.

However in the meantime i can suggest you a solution. You can build the automation with Webhook by Zapier. Slack has a Webhook event where you trigger when users reply on a message thread. Link - https://api.slack.com/events/message/message_replied

I would love to help you for the same.

Regards,

Jayesh