• 19 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

What i’d ideally love to do is have a full automation of:

• New time off in BambooHR
  • Creates calendar event for user
  • Sets status of user (on the day) to be away in Slack

Limitations i’ve found with that though -

• I can only create an event and invite a user to that event, therefore can only set the status as free or busy, no out of office option.

Have people found a workaround for this? I have Outlook integrated into Slack through the official integration so in theory, if I can figure out how to create an event and set it as out of office, it should update in Slack.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey there @Dorbs -

Okay, so in this situation, the workaround is really a play on semantics. Technically, if someone is OOO, they are busy (just not at work 😆), so I would set it up that way if I were in your situation. I’ve gone ahead and tried to replicate what your vision of this Zap is, let me know your thoughts. 

So for step one, it looks like you’ve got a handle on that, easy peasy. 

Step two, set up the Outlook action step like so. Again, this is how I would approach it, if there is another workaround you come across that is better, please let me know. I’d love to take note of it for future questions in the Community! 

Now for that final Zap action step with Slack, I would make sure to map my fields appropriately as above. The status name should read as “OOO”, and then I would utilize the emoji in the screenshot below to show as a red status as in Away. You can totally change the emoji to one that resonates with you.