Question

Slack Organization Share Link with Zapier

• 5 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Today we have clients in our slack each of which are in a private channel. Once added we share the URL for the slack connect so they can join. 

What I am trying to build is for Zapier to grab this URL and send an email to the client which contains this URL so they can join the slack channel we have created. Is this possible?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Derrek Hennessy 

Good question.

Not sure if this is possible with Slack Connect Channels, but it may be worth trying with this Zap trigger: Slack - New Channel

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Derrek Hennessy!

We have an Invite User To Channel action for the Slack app which also works for private channels. It wouldn’t give you the invite URL but I think it should automatically add them to the channel. Could that work for you?

Or you wanting to invite them to your Slack workspace as well as the channel?

Badge

We want to invite them to slack workspace as well. The share link lets them connect their org to our slack

Was trying to do the same, need an option to “get channel URL” and to send it automatically by Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I looked into this and it’s not possible to invite a user into a Slack instance using Zapier. We do have a feature request for this addition, but limitations in the Slack API (the bit of code that lets other apps talk to Slack) mean that it’s not currently possible for us to build this action.

@Derrek Hennessy  and @dimaod I have added you both to the feature request so if it does become possible and is added to the Zapier Slack integration, we’ll send you an email. We’ll also update this Community post if/when we have some more information: 

@dimaod If you need the channel url, the New Channel trigger will give you that. If you’re using a different trigger and need the channel url, could I ask you to post a new question sharing what your workflow is and what you need? More members will see a new question that needs an answer so you’ll be more likely to get help quicker.  Thanks!