Best answer

Slack not triggering for thread replies

• 11 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey Zapier Community!

Does the “New Message Posted to Channel in Slack” no longer trigger for threaded replies in the selected channel? Both on the test trigger data, as well as looking at the history if I turn on the Zap, look to only be picking up “root” messages, but none of the replies.

Please let me know if there’s another way to trigger a zap for these (and as a bonus, if there’s a way to get the content of the parent of the thread!)

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 24 April 2021, 00:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Elizabeth!

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)

@nicksimard hey, I have the same problem here, but in my case the trigger only picks up Slack messages posted by Zaps, not my replies to them within a thread - and works fine with normal messages. Thread ts is 1615591112.002000, can you please share the results of the investigation with me as well :) thanks a million in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sergiTGN

It sounds like you’re having the same issue - the Zap isn’t trigging from replies in a thread. We’re still in the process of troubleshooting this with @Elizabeth. If you like, you can also get in touch with the support team using the Get Help form 🙂

Please do!

are there any news on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @sergiTGN and @Oded!

Our Support team came to the conclusion that the Zap wasn’t turned on at the time of the thread reply, which explains why it did not trigger.

I just tested this out myself in Slack and was able to trigger on a reply in a thread. I posted it directly and had someone reply to it (there were no Zaps or bots involved). 

Your best bet may be to reach out to the Support team on this one, since they can dig into your Zaps and our internal logs.