Question

Slack message to Google Sheet Separate Cells/columns

• 14 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I would like to create a Zap for new messages in Slack and populate a GoogleSheet Row.

Problem i have right now is that by default, all the Slack “Fields” are getting added to the same Cell.

I would like to know if it is possible for the Slack Fields to get added in separate columns when someone creates a slack entry.

For exemple, I want to grab the TriggerTime (PostTime), Full Name, URL and text field from Slack. And i want to add each of these in seperate pre-existing columns in GoogleSheet. And create a new row every time someone post in the Slack Channel.

Is this doable? Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @PHC! Excellent question.

I know we’ve had this question before on the community and looked around. Sure enough, here we go! The tl;dr is that you’d want to add the columns to the Google Sheet first, refresh in the Zap editor, and then you can map the Slack data to the right columns.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PHC 

Here’s a help article: How to set up your Google spreadsheet to work with Zapier