Best answer

Signnature PDF Automation

• 16 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi. 

I am currently using Airtable, Zapier and PDFfiller to automatically fill in PDF templates and create offers.

When a new row is generated in Airtable, the information is sent with Zapier to PDFfiller, and I create the PDF.
I take the created PDF back to airtable and insert it in a new column, and then send it by email to the client.

The new task I need to do is send the client a filled out PDF, but also with a signature field, so they can sign and return it.
I don't know how to do it with the tools I have. Any ideas?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 October 2021, 20:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @solay ,

I am not PDFFiller expert, however I have built Zaps with related apps and from your current applications the best you can do is send the PDF via Gmail. Add an action to send PDF via Email, and tell the client to sign the pdf and return the pdf to you. (Note - There is some manual process involved here)

Hi jayeshkumarbhatia, thanks for your reply.

If I use gmail, can I use my own corporate email account or does it have to be a gmail.com email?

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

If possible use your corporate Gmail id in your Zaps. There are some limitations about using personal gmail id in Zaps. You can read more about common problems with Gmail here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @solay 

Try using this pdfFiller option.

The end user should only receive a PDF after they’ve digitally signed the document.

Or consider using an e-sign app, where you’d create the template in the e-sign app.

Check out these options: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/signatures

Also try PandaDoc: https://zapier.com/apps/pandadoc/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Hi Troy. 

Thanks to your answer. Let me explain a little bit meter.

I am currently using Airtable, Zapier and PDFfiller to automatically fill in PDF templates and create offers.

When a new row is generated in Airtable, the information is sent with Zapier to PDFfiller, and I create the PDF.
I take the created PDF back to airtable and insert it in a new column, and then send it by email to the client. It works perfectly.

I have the doubt with the new task to perform. In the new task, the steps are as follows:

Step 1:
A new row is created in Airtable (creates the action trigger).
Step 2:
Zapier sends the data to PDFfiller to fill in the fields of a template saved in PDFfiller. (The template has a last signature field and checkbox that must be signed by the client).
Step 3:
The template should be automatically sent from PDFfiller to SignNow, for the customer to receive and sign.
Step 4:
The template signed by the client is forwarded to Airtable.

My question is how to do Step3 and Step4.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@solay 

Try one of these SignNow actions.

Again, not sure pdfFiller needs to be involved if you use a template in an e-sign app.