Best answer

Shipstation Reference lines - how to zap

• 10 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Anyone have a workaround to add reference lines to shipstation orders based on info that changes with the order? 

I have a zapier workflow that creates new orders in shipstation triggered when new rows are added to a google spreadsheet. I can’t add reference line 1 or reference line 2 to the integration, but I want my column called “customer PO” to map to reference line 2. Does anyone know a workaround for this? The customer PO field changes on every order, it is not a static field.

Note - I can’t figure out a way for shipstation rules to do this either. 

icon

Best answer by Brem 10 April 2023, 20:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @aprilfisher01 

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you’re having trouble with your Zap.

You mentioned the reference lines, are those custom fields?

I assume that you’re using Create Order action step in ShipStation, is that correct?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Brem ! Thanks for the reply.

Yes the reference lines are shipstations custom field 1, custom field 2, and custom field 3. 

I am using the Create Order action step in my zap!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @aprilfisher01 

Upon checking, custom fields in the Create Order action step isn’t available now but looking at our records, we currently have a feature request open for the custom fields to be supported. I'm happy to add you to this request, and should the team ever add support for this feature, we'll be sure to send you an email to let you know.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Brem that would be great. I was hoping someone developed a workaround and would be able to share that tip!

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @aprilfisher01 

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Meanwhile, ShipStation is in charge of this integration, so it can't hurt to send them a friendly nudge to let them know you'd like to see this feature added. Requests like this always carry a bit more weight when they come from customers rather than us.