Best answer

Shared mailbox / outlook

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

our company mostly uses shared mailboxes in Microsoft 365.

How can I connect them?
If I enter my personal login, I should have a choice of mailboxes.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @JamesJapp

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to connect your shared O365 email address using the workaround, great job! 🙌🏻 

I also need that feature, please add me to the request as well

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Moritz 

Welcome to the community! I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll send you an email once an update is available. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and share the good news that support for shared O365 mailboxes has been implemented! 🎉 

It’s possible you may be presented with an error message initially but re-authenticating should fix this up.

Thanks for your patience on this one! 

Userlevel 1

Hey all! I wanted to pop in and share the good news that support for shared O365 mailboxes has been implemented! 🎉 

It’s possible you may be presented with an error message initially but re-authenticating should fix this up.

Hi @christina.d ! How? I just tried to add a connection but it does allow me to select which Shared Mailbox I want to add? Is there a “How To” somewhere?

Also interested in a How-To if available. I tried to set this up today and receive:

“Unable to send an email: The mailbox is either inactive, soft-deleted, or is hosted on-premise.”

TIA!

This is awesome!

I can access the shared inbox (without having it’s password or using Email Parser).

@JamesJapp@BBrown: If you set up the trigger in your Zap, choose your regular Outlook-account (which has access to the shared inbox). In the following “Set up trigger”, you can enter the email-address of the shared inbox. Then test. In my case, I had to reconnect the Outlook app with my regular Outlook-account (as an error message advised me and @christina.d mentioned) for the test to work. Fingers crossed it works for you!

Anyhow, I seem to only get the data of emails I send, not mails I receive there.

I tested thoroughly… Also I see test-data repeating if I “Load more” (the shared inbox is quite fresh). @christina.d: Shall I write support or would you prefer to debug here (Zap 163849389)?

Anyhow, I seem to only get the data of emails I send, not mails I receive there.

I tested thoroughly… Also I see test-data repeating if I “Load more” (the shared inbox is quite fresh). @christina.d: Shall I write support or would you prefer to debug here (Zap 163849389)?

These issues seem resolved a day later. Magic :)

Will the calendar of the Shared Inbox become available, too, @christina.d? Seems like I can only access my personal calendar in “Set up trigger” (at least when I chose “Calendar Event Start” in “Choose app & event”) :(