Best answer

Shared mailbox / outlook

Userlevel 2

Hi there,

our company mostly uses shared mailboxes in Microsoft 365.

How can I connect them?
If I enter my personal login, I should have a choice of mailboxes.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 27 July 2022, 01:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

59 replies

@Danvers Please add my upvote to enable at least shared mailbox Outlook connections.  Thanks 

@Liz_Roberts Can you add me to the list (people who want to be able to link from/to Shared mailboxes?  Thanks 

Userlevel 1

Looking for integration with Office 365 shared inboxes too.  

For me it seems that this issue is not solved. This feature is crucial for our business. Are there any updates?

In Microsoft Power Automate such kind of feature is available. However, I would like to prefer to use Zapier. 

@Liz_Roberts and @Danvers  Can you add me to the list (people who want to be able to link from/to Shared mailboxes as well? Thanks 

Put me on the list as well.

Very disappointing that this is still not possible. A lot of people work this way, it's no problem in gmail. Unfortunately we just switched to Microsoft and my zaps no longer work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Albert @SimonRekers @CodeNinja @SeedPartner @Jimz your vote has been added to this feature request. I don’t see an ETA at the moment but you will receive any updates via email!

@Liz_Roberts Me too please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@SIG - you got it! You have been added and will receive any updates via email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in here with a message from our product and engineering teams:

We are working on some important maintenance work to keep the Microsoft Office 365 integration working, but do not have immediate plans to work on new features at this time. If and when we do come back to the Microsoft Office 365 integration, this feature request is at the top of the list.

Please add me to the upvote for this it’s so frustrating not to be able to achieve this. We use shared inboxes across the entire business and this would be such a simple zap for us if only we could use it

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your message @MMD MELISSA, I’ve added you to the feature request 🙂

Please, add me as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Tomaso!

I’ve added you to the feature request list :)

Please add me to the list too!

Hello @Danvers and @Liz_Roberts 

Thanks again, please add my vote/request for feature to support Outlook shared mailbox.

Regards

~bernard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Justin Berneburg and @beedee101

Happy to confirm that we’ve added your votes to that feature request too. :)

Please, add me as well

Hey @Justin Berneburg and @beedee101

Happy to confirm that we’ve added your votes to that feature request too. :)

Please, add me as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @NicolaContin!

I’ve added your vote for the feature request as well. We’ll be in touch by email with any updates. :)

Userlevel 1

There appears to be a work around that should work for most people here. Just go to admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password. Now in another browser or a new ingognito window go to outlook.office.com and login to your shared mailbox with the password you just set.

In another tab, log in to Zapier and go to the Outlook integration and add another connection. It should automatically authorise against the Shared Mailbox account that you’re signed into. Boom! 

Hope that helps. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic news! Thanks so much for sharing the workaround you discovered, @EVOK3D! :)

Any news on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

No news on this at present, @Esra. I’ve added your vote to the feature request and we’ll be in touch by email once that’s been implemented. 

In the meantime, the workaround shared by EVOK3D here previously may be worth giving a try! :)

No news on this at present, @Esra. I’ve added your vote to the feature request and we’ll be in touch by email once that’s been implemented. 

In the meantime, the workaround shared by EVOK3D here previously may be worth giving a try! :)

Thank you! :) 

The solution of @EVOK3D worked well! Thanks for sharing:relaxed:

Userlevel 1

There appears to be a work around that should work for most people here. Just go to admin.microsoft.com > Users > Active Users > select the Shared Mailbox > Reset password. Now in another browser or a new ingognito window go to outlook.office.com and login to your shared mailbox with the password you just set.

In another tab, log in to Zapier and go to the Outlook integration and add another connection. It should automatically authorise against the Shared Mailbox account that you’re signed into. Boom! 

Hope that helps. :)

We would like a zap so we can send an email from a “Teams & Groups”. Would this workaround work for that? I am unable to select another account other than my personal O365 account when trying to add it to Zapier.

Update: I created a new “shared email” because I couldn’t get our contact@ teams email account to work. I did however manage to get the new shared email address added as a O365 account and can now use it in our Zap! So, it looks like this workaround worked (have not sent a test email yet)