Question

Shareable link to a Google Drive folder isn’t loading correctly

• 27 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have been working on my zap for a long time. 

I have created 4 folders and one of them is to be shared with the client. But the shareable link always comes out not working. It says the below 

Step is create folder 

Next step is pulling the id from the created folder above

then run test

But shareable link is not viewable to the client, just gets that preview screen

Gah no idea what I am missing

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mike999302,

Since the trigger is “Add File Sharing Preference” I assume that only works on Files and not with Folders. You can raise this question to the support by filling out the form here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help?from_url=https%3A%2F%2Fzapier.com%2Fhelp

Badge

My understanding is that the file sharing permissions works on folders as well provided you use the folder ID where the FILE ID goes. But I could be wrong and this could be my problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mike999302 

Yes, the GDrive Add File Sharing Permissions works on Folders as well.

Badge

Thanks Troy, any idea why my zap above is not working then? 

The link the zap generates is different to a link i generate if i got into the folder on G drive and create a link to share, could it be its missing the correct foler?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mike999302 

Nothing is wrong with the generated Share link for the GDrive folder.

Here’s how to understand what’s going on…

The end user can rename the GDrive folder with the Share link.

If you want the end user to be able to upload files to the Folder that had the sharing permissions updated, then provide them with the “Alternate” link generated from Step 14.

NOTE: The end user will need to be signed in to a Google Account in order to interact with the GDrive folder.