Question

Share new items between two calendars both directions

• 16 June 2023
  • 1 reply

I’ve created a Zap to trigger when a new event is added to Google calendar “A” and copy the event to Google Calendar “B” and it works fine.

Can I create another Zap to do the same in the opposite direction? (When new event is created in “B” copy it to “A”.) 

Would that cause some sort of “endless loop” where the two Zaps keep copying new events back and forth between calendars as each Zap creates new events?

Is there a correct way to accomplish this? I considered just having a third calendar to receive the copied events - is that necessary?

Thanks much.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @DavidD71! 🙂

Ah, indeed it would. Zapier isn’t really designed for two way syncing between apps, but in some causes it’s possible to achieve it.

The usual workaround would be to have the Zaps update a specific field in both apps, then check that field with a Filter by Zapier action to see if the Zap should continue or not. We have a guide which explains how to do that: Zap is stuck in a loop

But if there isn’t a field on the Google Calendar event you can use, then adding the events to a third Calendar is likely going to be your best option here since a new event added to the third Calendar wouldn’t trigger a Zap and cause a Zap loop.

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated on how you get on with this!