Best answer

Setting up a Zap to Create Woocommerce Orders from Open Shopify Orders

• 20 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am a new user.  I am trying to have new Shopify orders create new orders in Woocommerce. I am up to the "Set up Action." It looks like I have to map all the fields. Some are easy (billing info), but what do I select for Parent ID? I have no idea. Do you have any documentation on this? I am surprised so much mapping is needed. I would think that selecting this Zap would be easier. Thank you for any tips.

Since starting to type this, I have located a template that should do what I need, but again, one needs to map all the fields.  I would have thought a template would have fields mapped already, with an option to edit.  This seems to take more than the few minutes advertised.  I wonder what I am missing?!

~Philippe

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 20 January 2023, 22:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @gpmenos 

Good question.

Every Zap is different because every use case is different for how a Zap should be configured.

By providing detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, it will give us proper context to further evaluate and advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @gpmenos!

To add to what Troy said, even within just Shopify and WooCommerce there are so many possible setups that it makes something like auto-mapping quite tricky. I totally understand that there are a lot of fields there (kind of comes with the territory with WooCommerce) and it can be overwhelming. 

For Parent ID, I don’t know that you necessarily need that field. I’m not super familiar with WooCommerce but I believe that pertains to subscriptions (I could be wrong). If you know you don’t need that, you can leave it empty since it’s not a required field.

As for the rest of the fields, the important ones tend to be a pretty clear fit between apps, assuming the data matches (like billing name, address, etc). Are there any fields beyond Parent ID that don’t have obvious matches between the apps?

On a positive note: once you do get the fields mapped, you won’t have to do it again (unless something changes, of course). It’s time spent upfront but it will save you time in the long run :) 

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for your responses!