Question

Setting up a Zap between Eventbrite and MailChimp - Need help in setting up the Zap

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Setting up a Zap between Eventbrite and MailChimp - Need help in setting up the Zap, as not sure where to start.

Has anyone done this and if so would you be able to help me?

As i want to create an Campaign in MailChimp based upon the same name of the Event in Eventbrite and add the members from the Event directly into MailChimp. Does anyone know how to do this and be able to show me please.

I need to get this sorted asap please for a dept.

Kind regards

Brian

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @BrianHarry!  

My first thought here is that you’d likely need to split this workflow up into two Zaps:

Zap 1 - Create the new events as new campaigns in Mailchimp

• Trigger: New Event (Eventbrite) - triggers when a new event is added into Eventbrite.
  • Action: Create Tag (Mailchimp) - you’d create a specific tag that would receive the campaign, then in Zap 2 it’ll add that tag to the subscribers. Likely best to create the tag from the event name.
  • Action: Create Campaign (Mailchimp) - creates the new campaign in Mailchimp with relevant information provided by Eventbrite (like the event’s name etc). You’d select the tag create by the previous action. 

Zap 2 - Add the event attendees into the right campaign in Mailchimp 

• Trigger: New Attendee Registered (Eventbrite) - triggers when a new attendee signs up for an event.
  • Action: Find a Subscriber (Mailchimp) - looks to see if the attendee is already a subscriber, if not adds them into Mailchimp. See - Search for existing data in Zaps
  • Action: Find Tag (Mailchimp)  - Searches for the tag created by Zap 1.
  • Action: Add Subscriber to Tag (Mailchimp) - adds tag to the subscriber so that they receive the relevant campaign. You’d likely need to pass the tag’s ID from the Find a Tag search action as a custom value. See - Add custom values to dropdown menu fields in Zaps

Does that sound like it could work? 

Hi there,

Thanks for the info. I will give this a go. Would it be possible to create a short video on how to do this please if possible, as I follow videos better than guides as I am dyslexic and find reading guides difficult.

Hope this is ok

Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me @BrianHarry

I’m unable to make a video on how to do this. Have you been able to get started on giving this a go yet? If you have any questions about any specific parts or are getting stuck at all I’m happy to help further. Just send over a screenshot of where you’re getting stuck and I’ll be happy to take a look. Don’t forget to remove or hide any private information from them first (names, emails etc).

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂