Skip to main content

Hi. I’m trying to set up a Zap that is triggered when I receive emails from specific people. None of the Gmail triggers allow for this (so far as I can see) so I set up the trigger for New Email, configured it with INBOX then tried using Filter by Zapier.

However, the dropdown menu in the “Choose field” section only provides pre-existing options and doesn’t allow me to customise it to the specific email addresses I want. 

I tried using the From Email option (which had an attached, pre-existing recipient email that I couldn’t change), then putting the below with a specified email address in the third field (the redacted bit).

But this didn’t work either (the email address below was the one connected to the From Email option in the dropdown menu):

Please let me know how I can set up the Zap so it’s triggered by receiving emails from specific people. 

Thanks in advance

Hi @Niels_F 

The Filter step looks to be configured correctly.

The Filter step warning merely indicates, the selected Gmail Zap trigger example would not have passed the Filter step conditions.

Try turning your Zap ON and testing live.

Then check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step to help you troubleshoot: https://zapier.com/app/history/

You could use this Zap trigger: Gmail - New Email Matching Search.

There are help links within the Zap trigger step to help you configure the conditions for which emails to process.

thank you, @Troy Tessalone. I’ll give it a go

Hi @Niels_F,

We just wanted to see how everything is going with your Zap. Did Troy's recommendation get the job done? Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance with your Zap. We're glad to address any concerns and assist you.

We're looking forward to your response.

Hi @JammerS 

Yes, it was helpful, thanks. I'll follow up with any further questions.

Hi @Niels_F,

That’s wonderful, we’re glad that everything is working well now.