Best answer

Set up search for tasks on Clickup and get results on Slack

• 16 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hey guys! I wanna make a Zap that after the event of a message in a Slack channel it searches for all of the tasks on Clickup in a list that match a specific status (live status) and then gets back to the slack channel and writes all of the names of those tasks that match.

Thing is i’m getting only the info for one Clickup task instead of searching for any task that matches… I want it that if i have 3 live tasks it send me the name of those 3 tasks.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 18 January 2023, 01:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Raul 

Good question.

Most Zap triggers/actions work on a per record basis.

You’d have to use the ClickUp API to search for multiple Tasks: https://clickup.com/api/clickupreference/operation/GetTasks/

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks app as an action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Raul!

I can see you were able to reach out support team, which is perfect. It looks like they confirmed what Troy mentioned that the trigger isn’t intended to fetch all tasks within a list. 😔

They did add you to a feature request for a search step that does allow for locating multiple tasks though! While it doesn’t guarantee implementation, it’s the best way to stay informed if it does. We’ll email you and keep the thread updated here as well. 🙂

In the meantime, as Troy also pointed out, you could potentially use the ClickUp API and Webhooks by Zapier if you’re comfortable! Here’s a few resources to get you started if you’d like to give that a shot:

This is considered more of an advanced approach though so in the interest of transparency, support is limited around this option. We do have a great community of phenomenal brainiacs though and the more technical users tend to hang out in the cod and webhooks forum. Once you’re up and running if you have specific questions on troubleshooting you’re always welcome to post there.

I hope this helps and welcome to the community!