Question

Set trigger for Zaps from emails sent from Zapier

• 18 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello I need help with setting up a trigger/event for after Zapier has sent out a confirmation email to my new subscribers. I’m not sure which option to choose from the drop down menu options.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Can you please describe what  action are you trying to trigger in which tool ? Do you want to add an extra Action Step after sending email Action Step using Zapier?

I’m using AWeber but Zapier requires the confirmation email be sent to my subscribers first. Once that email is sent out, my welcome email never goes through from AWeber’s end even though I have it triggered to do so in Zapier. Because of this, I’m trying to create another zap from Zapier to be triggered after the confirmation email has been accepted so I don’t have to keep sending my welcome email out manually. I don’t know which options to choose when creating that type of triggered zap @Troy Tessalone@Satya09

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AshleyAF 

Please post screenshots for us to have context about the Zap steps you are trying to configure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @AshleyAF 

Have you tried adjusting this setting in AWeber?

New subscribers are required to opt in again

When using the Create Subscriber action, you will find that the newly added subscribers are required to opt in again.
This behavior is a limitation AWeber has in place for any subscribers added via their API.

If you wanted to avoid this, you can disable this option in the AWeber side of things

@Troy Tessalone I have their free version so I can’t adjust this option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AshleyAF 

AWeber has these available Zap triggers:

There isn’t a Zap trigger for your desired AWeber event.

@Troy Tessalone Is there not a trigger for a Zapier event? Since I want the email sent after Zapier sends the confirmation email, is there any way I can trigger my campaign after they opt-in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@AshleyAF 

If possible, that logic would likely need to be configured in AWeber, not via a Zap.

Might be worth reaching out to AWeber Support to ask for guidance: https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm