Best answer

Set Email Address in Sharing Preferences for Google Doc

• 2 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, i’m hoping to find a workaround here. I have a multi-step zap that does the following:

1. creates a google drive folder with data (first, last name)
  2. creates a google doc from a template within that folder (using data ID from step 1)
  3. sets the permission on the google drive folder to allow access to “anyone with a link”
  4. emails the contact a link to that new google doc

The issue I’m trying to resolve is to not have this permission set as “anyone with a link”, but rather specifically add the contact’s email address to the sharing settings so it is private to them. This is not a preset option, so curious if anyone knows of a workaround that can make this happen.

There will be hundreds of these automations running, so it needs to be part of the process (not manual) if possible!

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 5 September 2020, 08:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@scs - Unfortunately, as you’ve discovered, it’s not possible to set sharing defaults for specific email addresses… and as far as I know there isn’t a workaround for this.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for confirming @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @scs!

That feature is something other users have asked for so I've gone ahead and added your vote for this feature request. 

If/when it gets added to the Google Docs integration, you’ll be notified via email :)

I’m going to mark this answer as the “Best Answer” but for anyone else who comes across this thread, that doesn’t mean that the issue itself is resolved. Marking it as such highlights it and attaches it to the original post, thus improving its visibility :)