Best answer

Separate Instagram videos and images!

• 19 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello!

I have a zap that uploads a file to a google drive folder when I post something on Instagram. Then I have a second zap that creates a WordPress post when there is a new file in that folder. And then I have created a latest post feed on my WordPress website that shows my Instagram feed.

This works fine when I post a image. But if I post a video the zap only posts a static image of the video. And I understand why. I have tried to create two zaps. One for videos where It grabs another code which works fine and one for images that also works fine. But the problem is that when I post a video it always want to post an image as well. So it creates two posts. One with the actually video and one with the static image.

I don’t need an explanation because I understand the issue. Just wonder if someone have a way around it.

cheers

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 19 February 2020, 15:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Smekis

Are there any fields like "type" in the data you get from the Instagram trigger? Basically any field at all that tells you which type of post it is and would allow you to add a filter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

if there’s not a type field like Andrew suggested is there a way in the second zapato detect if there is a video with the same filename and then filter that zap and not let it post the image if there is also a video file with the same filename.

Userlevel 2

I'm not sure that I follow and what you mean with the type field. But the information that sends the image from Instagram is typed "Image standard resolution URL" and for the video it's "Video standard resolution URL". But the filename when it's a video is not the same.

Cheers for answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Smekis Perfect, you can add a filter step that says if that variable/field includes "Image" then continue for the Image coded zap, and in the other zap add a filter step that says if that variable/field includes "Video" then continue.

Userlevel 2

That probably have worked, but I'm running the free version and can only have two steps in my zap..

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry @Smekis you'll need to upgrade to do anything more advanced like this.