Best answer

Sends email to Templates in Gmail via Zapier

• 9 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey Team,

atm I am connecting Close to Gmail. Is there a possibility that zapier uses a template for sending automated E-mails? We have templates in Gmail up its also finde to "upload" it on Zapier itself. I tried it with html text but when the email is sended the code appears and only when you click "view whole text" you can see the text.

Thanks for the support :)

icon

Best answer by SamB 9 September 2021, 17:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Patronus-Group 

The Gmail Zap app does not yet support the ability to select a Gmail template, so any emails sent would have to include the HTML Code in the Zap step to send the email via Gmail.

Hey Troy, 

thank you for the reply. So I can copy a html code from our CRM email Templates, add it to gmail “body” within zapier, “body type” html and finish? I actually already tried it with a html code but when the email is sended the html code apperas as the email text only when I click on “complete text”  at the end of the mail the “real” text apperas. 

Best, V

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here to confirm that it’s not possible to select email templates using the Gmail integration. As Troy suggested, the solution would be to add the HTML code to the message Body field on the Send Email step.

One thing that you’ll want to be careful of in doing that is to set the Body Type to html, otherwise the email will be sent as plain text:

df3b72242239f16d6aec79f23707343f.png
Also, it’s worth noting that not all HTML tags are supported when sending Gmail emails through Zapier. You can view a list of the HTML tags that are and aren’t supported here: What HTML tags are supported in Gmail?