Question

Sending weekly message on Slack with Google Sheets Data based on condition

• 7 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I would like to set up a Zapier to send an automatic weekly message on Slack that includes some Google sheet data based on condition. 

Context: every Monday we share a weekly KPI called "number of work days since last user talk". The idea is that a member of the team shouldn't spend more than 10 days without speaking to a user. So we have a Google Sheet that is counting the number of days and when for a team member the number is greater than 10 we highlight it in red.

What I would like to do with Zapier is:

1. Find in my Google sheet the members for which the number of days is greater than 10

2. Send a message on the team slack channel that @identify the people for which the cell is in red (i.e. the number is greater than 10)

3. Have this process as a recurring process occuring every Monday at a specific time

I thought the “send regularly scheduled Slack messages with information from Google Sheets” workflow template would be perfect for that but I don’t understand how to parameter the Google Sheets part and then for the Slack part I don’t see where I can put the conditions I mentioned. 

Any idea how to succeed in this?

Thank you very much for your help 

Orlane

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Orlane 

Good questions.

1. Find in my Google sheet the members for which the number of days is greater than 10

You’d be better served using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views.

Views have Filters. (e.g. # Work Days >= 10)

Airtable has an API that can be used to find records that are in a View.

2. Send a message on the team slack channel that @identify the people for which the cell is in red (i.e. the number is greater than 10)

You’ll need to scrape and save the Slack User IDs.

Check out these tips for formatting Slack Messages: https://zapier.com/help/doc/tips-formatting-your-slack-messages

3. Have this process as a recurring process occuring every Monday at a specific time

Try using the Schedule app as the Zap trigger: https://zapier.com/apps/schedule/integrations#triggers-and-actions