Question

Sending follow up email if they did and did not reply to my first email - Activecampaign

• 4 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I would like to achieve 2 things in zapier and active campaign integration:

1. people who open but don’t reply to my emails so I can add them to a list and follow up
  2. people who reply to my emails so I can add them to a list

I tried to look at the documentation but never got a straight forward answer particularly for active campaign.

Any help is much appreciated.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Adrian Lea! Thanks for reaching out in community!

Are you using ActiveCampaign to both send the original email and maintain the lists you’re adding them to? Also as part of the workflow are you looking to send the email after a dedicated time frame or just add the users to the list?

Full transparency, I’m not super familiar with ActiveCampaign but it does appear to be a super robust tool with a lot of built-in automations! The good news is, the Zapier app is owned and maintained by their team. And as you may noticed, they write a ton of helpful content and resources on how to best use their product and integration. 

That said, I did find this article on how to track engagement and tagging in ActiveCampaign (this will all be done within ActiveCampaign not Zapier) so this may help with setting up both zaps and/or negate the need for your second zap depending on if you’re tracking everything in ActiveCampaign.

We’ll keep an eye out for your responses though and go from there. 🙂