Best answer

Sending email with Google Sheet data

• 2 February 2023
  • 11 replies

I’d like that anytime there’s an event in my Google Calendar called “EVENT X”, an email is sent from my Gmail account to “xxxx@gmail.com”, with the following text “Hi, here you have the table: [TABLE]”. I want to take the [TABLE] data from a Google Sheet where Zapier will always find updated data in cells P39:T43. 

Can you please help me?

icon

Best answer by simplifywork 2 February 2023, 17:38

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @IDontWannaCode 

Good question.

Make sure to review the available help articles for using GSheets in Zaps as GSheets have to be configured a certain way: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help

Can you outline a specific example for us to add more context?

Hey @Troy Tessalone , thanks for your response. Can you clarify how can I be more specific in my request? I believed that I explained everything with enough details, but probably I’m missing something. Can you help me understand which additional elements would be helpful?

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IDontWannaCode 

Screenshots would be helpful to understand how your GSheet is configured.

Screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured will help add context.

this is the screenshot of the GSheet sheet. I’d love to copy the [P49:T54] table into an email and send the email to a specific address. The trigger of this email sent should be a recurrent GCalendar event, that occurs every month on the 27th and is called “Reminder A”. Which are the Zap steps I should follow? @Troy Tessalone thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IDontWannaCode 

Help article for how GSheets need to be configured to work with Zaps: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8495978765965

Userlevel 2
Badge

Assuming you’re keeping the same sheet and range for these emails, this will work for you!

1. In Google Sheets, highlight the range you want to include in the Zap then right click → View more cell actions → Get link to this range
  2. Create a new Zap with the New Event Matching Search Google Calendar trigger
  3. Set up the trigger to search for the Event Name in question
  4. Add the Send Email in Gmail action, and in the Body, paste the link you copied in Step 1 (it should look something like this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/YOURDOCUMENTIDGOESHERE/edit#gid=0&range=P39:T43)

That should give you a direct link to the table, which can continue to be updated from the sheet itself!

Please let me know if I missed anything with this or if you have any questions.

Hey @simplifywork thank you! I feel I’m very near to the solution. 

Step 2 seems to be incorrect: I already have the events in calendar, I just want to trigger the Zap when the event is about to start. The event is a recurring event that occurs every month in a specific day and always has the same name event “Reminder A”. Can you please help me setting this trigger up? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@IDontWannaCode 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order to have enough context, thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @simplifywork thank you! I feel I’m very near to the solution. 

Step 2 seems to be incorrect: I already have the events in calendar, I just want to trigger the Zap when the event is about to start. The event is a recurring event that occurs every month in a specific day and always has the same name event “Reminder A”. Can you please help me setting this trigger up? 

Great! Good news @IDontWannaCode : if my last reply got you close, then all you need to do is use the Event Start in Google Calendar trigger. This lets you select how long before an event you want the trigger to happen and lets you search for event name.

If you swap in that trigger it should work. Let me know if it still isn’t working though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @IDontWannaCode! I wanted to pop in and see you were able to get this rolling using @simplifywork’s recommendations?

Keep us posted! 🤗

Hey there, thank you all for the support. @simplifywork ‘s answer worked pretty well and I reached my goal! Thank you!!