Best answer

Sending Daily Update Email or Text Based on Googlesheet Data

• 14 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I was reading this article found here: https://zapier.com/learn/how-to/graph-gmail-unread-count/

One area that stuck was how Storage by Zapier could be used with Schedule by Zapier and send out a daily count of for example emails, and it resests each day and starts the count over. 

With this info my goal is to monitor my Googlesheet as emails come in for the day, and at the end of the day send an email or text that will show the number of emails that came for the day. And have this notifcation system repeat daily, counting up each day’s amount of emails and sending it out at the end of the day, and then resets to start again. 

The article discussed lightly how this could be done with Storage and Schedule, but I’m not sure how to set it up exactly, still messing with it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 15 May 2020, 15:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @frankininfo ,

Thanks for reaching out- happy to help!

You will need to set up two Zaps for this workflow:

1. Add Google Sheets step “add row”
  2. Add a Storage step with “Increment Value”
  3. Create a second Zap, triggered by Schedule at whatever time you want the notification
  4. Add a Storage step with “Get Value, send notification (whichever app that is)
  5. Add Storage step to “Remove Value” 

Give the above configuration a go and if you have any questions along the way, just let us know!