Best answer

Sending automated email after a SPECIFIC shopify product has been purchased

• 18 May 2022
  • 5 replies

I plan on selling two different things on my store - mentorship sessions and digital downloads (templates, lightroom presets, etc). When someone specifically purchases a mentorship, I need to automate an email to them as a welcome/onboarding thing with some links and PDFs. Is this possible to do with Zapier and Shopfiy? If not with Shopify, are there online store alternatives that this would work with?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by christina.d 4 June 2022, 03:09

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello @whimandwillowphoto 

You can send different emails using the Path Step inside Zapier applying rules such as the Product Name Contains XYZ.

All you have to do is create a Trigger of New Paid Order in Shopify and Path with rules for every different product followed by an action step of send email using gmail.

However,I would never recommend this process for ecommerce even if you sell digital products.

The best process is using a powerful email marketing automation software like ActiveCampaign and adding a Particular Tag to the Contact using Zapier whenever a new Order arrives.

Later you can create automations inside ActiveCampaign for every unique product you have with different kind of emails as you sell different kind of products on your store.

Hello @whimandwillowphoto 

You can send different emails using the Path Step inside Zapier applying rules such as the Product Name Contains XYZ.

All you have to do is create a Trigger of New Paid Order in Shopify and Path with rules for every different product followed by an action step of send email using gmail.

However,I would never recommend this process for ecommerce even if you sell digital products.

The best process is using a powerful email marketing automation software like ActiveCampaign and adding a Particular Tag to the Contact using Zapier whenever a new Order arrives.

Later you can create automations inside ActiveCampaign for every unique product you have with different kind of emails as you sell different kind of products on your store.

How would I set up the first option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @whimandwillowphoto 

Good question.

You can achieve this with

1. Trigger: Shopify - New Order

2. Action: Filter
    1. Define the conditions
      1. e.g. Product = Mentorship
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email

NOTE: If your purchases can have line items, then the logic involved for properly configuring the Zap becomes more complex.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@whimandwillowphoto just checking in to see if you were able to find success with Troy’s suggestion. Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there! Popping into consolidate some of the tips in the thread to one answer!

Ultimately, it would end up looking a bit like this: 

You can achieve this with

1. Trigger: Shopify - New Order

2. Action: Filter
    1. Define the conditions
      1. e.g. Product = Mentorship
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email

NOTE: If your purchases can have line items, then the logic involved for properly configuring the Zap becomes more complex.

I hope this helps!