Best answer

Send Zoom recoding (which is uploaded to Google Drive) to changeable emaill address list each new reocding

• 25 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there 👋, I'm beginner in Zapier and hope someone could help me.
In this template (Upload new Zoom recordings to Google Drive and send notifications via Gmail)
https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations/zoom/126217/upload-new-zoom-recordings-to-google-drive-and-send-notifications-via-gmail
When a new Zoom recording finishes, it upload it to Google Drive, and then send email with the recording after uploaded to Google Drive to the people I entered their emails before in the Zap.

However, my mail-list will change almost every new recording, because it's recordings of different training courses, and each course have different people each time.
By this template. It's not convenient to enter Zapier before each meeting to edit the Zap with the new emails each time.

For example, in my mind right now (and if three is a better way, let me know), before starting a meeting, I'll put the trainees email address in a google docs or sheets or whatever, and when I finish the meeting, Zapier will upload the recording to Google Drive, and then get the list of these emails and send the recording sharing link to them.

Is there a method or a way you could suggest to achieve this?
Thank you so much 🥰

icon

Best answer by ken.a 26 September 2023, 08:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Yasser-987,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “New Recording” trigger doesn’t return the participants hence it won’t fetch the email address data of the participants.

However, we do have an open feature request for this exact functionality and I have added you as another interested member to the feature request. That does a few things:

• Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
  • Help track interest in this feature being implemented
  • Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

In the meantime, I’d recommend reaching out to one our certified Zapier Experts to help you with a workaround. You can reach our Zapier Experts here: https://zapier.com/experts

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Hello Ken,

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate your efforts.

Well, what you have mentioned is good to be added as a feature 💪. But what I meant is I have the list of emails in an Excel file.

So for example, Zapier would be connected to a certain Google Spreadsheet and this sheet is updated frequently with email addresses, so when a new recording is ready, Zapier would send the video recording to Google Drive, then Zapier would take the sharing link of the video from Google Drive, and Zapier will see the Google Sheet that we have connected to it before, and send the video sharing link for each email in the sheet.

Thank you for your time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Yasser-987,

I appreciate the detailed explanation.

It might be more efficient for you to utilize an app specifically designed for mass email sending, such as Mailchimp or others you can find here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/email-newsletters.

But if you are set on your current method, you can try using the “Get Many Spreadsheet Rows (Advanced, output as Line Items)” action in Google Sheets to grab those email addresses. Then, with the “Send Email” action in a “Looping by Zapier” loop, you can send out emails to everyone on that list.

Just a heads up, depending on the email app you’re using, there might be a limit to how many emails you can send at once. And, the Google Sheets action can handle up to 500 rows at a time. So if you’ve got a super long list, maybe Mailchimp or a similar platform would be a good fit.

Hope this helps! 😊