Question

Send Zaps Only from Specific Hotjar Segments

• 30 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to only send recording from Hotjar that are from already set up segments in Hotjar?

I have built a segment filter in Hotjar. I want anytime I get a new recording that matches those filters to send me an email for notification. 

But when i go to build the Zap there is no attribute that is related to the Hotjar Segment title that I can see. Does anyone know how to do this?

This looks like it’s supposed to be easily doable based on the interaction menu on segments.

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ParsonsB 

Good question.

If the Segment comes thru as a data point on the Zap trigger data from Hotjar, then you can use a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Thanks for the response @Troy Tessalone, unfortunately doesn’t look like it. The same options are listed and I don’t see anything that is listed as a Segment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ParsonsB 

Are there other data points you can use from the Hotjar Zap trigger data to use in the Filter conditions?

@Troy Tessalone 

I can recreate the trigger using the filter tool, but then it makes it a multi-step zap and I was hoping to keep this a one step so It can be used on a free account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ParsonsB 

Here’s a workaround.

Use Airtable.

Send all the data to Airtable.

Airtable has Views.

Views have Filters.

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Airtable also has automations.

Airtable automations can be used to send emails.