Best answer

Send weekly email with information from Excel cell

• 8 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello! I’m new to Zapier, amazing tool! I guess this task shouldn’t be that hard, but I’m struggling to find a solution:

I have an MS Excel file in my Onedrive which contains rows from a booking system.

In the Excel file, there is a specific cell that contains the number of booked days this month.

All I would like to do is that on a regular basis, say every Monday, send a simple e-mail containing:

• A subject (text)
  • Some text
  • The content of the cell from the Exceldocument in Onedrive.

It could basically look like:

Hello! The number of booked days is as of today: [cell content]

I have found ways of sending an email when something is updated in the Excel document, but that would be far to often. I simply want to schedule the e-mail, but still include the value from the Excel cell.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Martin

icon

Best answer by arleskr 17 May 2021, 17:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @arleskr ,

Thanks for reaching out! Have you taken a look at Scheduler by Zapier? This could help you choose a specific day for this email to be sent!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @arleskr!

Did using Schedule by Zapier help for your workflow here?  

Hello,  No, I couldn't find a way that combined the scheduling I wanted from Schedule with the fact that the email needed to collect and include information from an Excel Online document.  So I ended up with a solution that sends the email every time a specified column in the Excel document is updated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @arleskr !

That sounds like a great solution, to use the Updated Row trigger in Microsoft Excel, thanks for letting the Community know!