Question

Send Video in Twilio SMS

• 26 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi

I want to send an SMS out when a new lead appears in a Google sheet.

I have this set up and it works beautifully.

However, as part of the SMS message, I also want to add a short video that gets sent within this message.

I have managed to do this with a jpeg image very easily by adding the image url in the Media URL field of the Twilio action. I figured all I would need to do is to replace this with a Youtube link of my video.

If I do this, the text does not get sent out at all.

I then tried uploading the video to my website to the same area as my image. This did not work either. I have tried mp4 and mov video files and neither work.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @baywest 

Good question.

Try sending the URL to the video in the regular SMS message section, not in the Media URL field.

Hi @baywest 

Good question.

Try sending the URL to the video in the regular SMS message section, not in the Media URL field.

Thanks for the suggestion. All it did was publish the link rather than the actual video.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@baywest

Is there a limit to the media that can be sent via MMS?

Yes, there is. Media may include up to forty seconds of video, audio, 1 image, or a slideshow of multiple images.

@baywest

Is there a limit to the media that can be sent via MMS?

Yes, there is. Media may include up to forty seconds of video, audio, 1 image, or a slideshow of multiple images.

My video is less than 20 seconds, so it’s not that either.

Just don’t get it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@baywest 

You can link to a video or you can try to send a video file.

If you are trying to send a video file, then the provided Media URL needs to be the download link or a file object.

Help article: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @baywest! I wanted to swing by and see if you were able to get this sorted? Keep us posted!