Best answer

Send Json to salesforce Webservice

• 15 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello there,

I’m looking to send a json containing to a webservice on salesforce that will create/updates relevant objects in my org.
I wanted to know if this is possible using the custom request in webhooks by zapier's.

Anyone ever tried this before ?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by riminder 19 June 2020, 19:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @riminder ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m escalating this to our Support team as they will be able to give you the most detailed answer here.

Sit tight and they’ll be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @riminder

I can see from your conversation with the Support Team that you were able to solve this by sending requests to Salesforce Webservice. Are you able to share any details that might help another member that’s looking to do the same thing?

Userlevel 1

Hello @Danvers ,

Indeed, I was able to send json to salesforce Web Service that was used to create relevant items in the org. This was done through two webhook steps:

• 1 st webhook step (type: POST request) : used the POST method to get the access token. I used the following params : client_id, client_secret, username, passwordgrant_type
  • 2nd webhook step (type: Custom request) : used the POST method also to send my data in a json format. The request contained 2 Headers: content-type and authorization with the access token from the previous step.

I hope this was helpful.