Skip to main content

I have a google form that when submitted, it transfers that information to a Google slide. 

However, right now, it’s creating a new slide deck for each submission. How to do I get it to use the same slide deck and just add a new slide?

Hi @DogCrates4You 

You can use this actions for GSlides: Create Presentation from Template

NOTE: It won’t add another slide to the same presentation.

In order to do so, that would likely involve using the GSlides API which is a much more advanced approach.

Hi @DogCrates4You 

You can use this actions for GSlides: Create Presentation from Template

NOTE: It won’t add another slide to the same presentation.

In order to do so, that would likely involve using the GSlides API which is a much more advanced approach.

Would this approach work - 

Instead of the trigger being when a submission is created, have the trigger be a specific time (say each Thurs at 8am). 

Then the action is that a presentation is created (1 slide for each submission) for any submissions that were created in the past 7 days.

@DogCrates4You 

NOTE: The above mentioned action for GSlides would create a new presentation per entry.

FYI: Zap triggers work in real-time on a per record basis.

Trying to schedule and query for past records would be a more advanced approach, possibly involving the GSheets Find Row(s) action.

Just wanted to follow up here to note that there is an existing feature request for the ability to add slides to a Google Slide presentation. I’ve added @DogCrates4You’s vote for that feature to be added.

I don’t have an ETA on when it would be possible but we’ll reach out by email as soon as it is! :) 

Also looking to utilize this feature!

Hi there, @rudykurup! You got it! Your votes been added to that feature request. We’ll keep you and this thread updated once we know more. 🙂