Best answer

Send Facebook pictures to Discord

• 26 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I use Zapier to copy my posts on my facebook page into my discord server. It works very well for text. But I have big problem to get the images from facebook to discord.

I only get the picture shown on discord if I add the full picture URL as TEXT into the posted message. But that does not look good.

Is there no way to post the picture without having the whole URL in the message text shown?

icon

Best answer by SamB 28 January 2022, 12:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Tharlin, welcome to the Community!

I did some checking on this and found that there’s an existing feature request for the ability to attach images to messages rather than putting the URL into the message text. I’ve gone and added your vote for that to be implemented. I don’t have any estimates as to when it will be possible to attach images but we’ll email you as soon as it is! :)

Tharlin and SamB I believe this is my problem today too.  Just in case I am not on the same page here is an example of what including the full url to the post as text ends up looking like below.  

If this is the case is there any ETA if they are going to fix this?  I have it working natively on IFTTT but wanted to switch from them to Zapier since I am liking it better with the things I do.  I’m thinking it won't be addressed by the end of my 14 day trial period.

BONUS QUESTION: Is there a way to get rid of “BOT” as when I do it from IFTTT it doesn’t show that.  It’s as if I natively posted it on Discord.  With “BOT” it feels so disconnected and not created by me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya @Slofkosky! Oof, sorry to see you’re being impacted by this bug. I’ve got you added to that list of affected users. While we don’t have an ETA for a fix, we’ll be sure to send an email as soon as there is one!

Hmm, I’m not sure about your question regarding the Bot tag. I don't think so though as it may have something to do with how Zapier authenticates but hard to say for sure!

Thank you so kindly christina.d!  I improved the giant URL showing by using your Zapier URL Shortener which drastically improves all of the text.  Still it would be perfect if it wasn’t there at all.  

With the “BOT” tag it would be nice if it were not there.  But I’m good for now.  It’s about 85% there which might be just good enough for me. 

Thank you once again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your workaround so others can benefit, @Slofkosky! We love to see it and appreciate you taking the time. 🙂