Best answer

Send Encrypted Email from Microsoft Outlook upon form Submission

• 21 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I have an attorney friend who is wanting to deliver an encrypted email to those who complete an online acknowledgement and request specific instructions. 

My initial thought was to use a wordpress form tool, maybe Jotform - and the first part of the action is the user acknowledges in the form after reading a specific warning - then they enter their information, then the 2nd part of the action would need to fire up an encrypted email template that contains these specific instructions and send back to that user.  Trying to automate this and needs it to be encrypted. His Outlook is set up for encrypted emails, you can select that button and send encrypted.

Thank you for any suggestions.

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 24 June 2021, 23:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @mike8712!

Looks like you have a conversation going with our Support team for this workflow and they can best provide step by step guidance 👍

A JotForm form submission can definitely trigger an email to be sent from Microsoft Outlook in a Zap, however I don’t believe encryption would be something you can specify in the Zap.

Since Zapier connects to the Outlook API in order to complete a Send Email action, that API would need to support encryption, which it doesn’t appear to currently: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/200830/sending-encrypted-e-mail-programatically-with-grap.html 😟 

I’d suggest you make that feature request in that Support thread anyway, to allow Zapier to track interest and inform you if this becomes available in the future.

Hope that helps!