Question

send emails upon specific Teachable lecture completion

I was wondering how i could create a zap to send specific emails whenever a student completes a specific lecture on teachable? 

for example when they finish lecture 1, email 1 would be automatically sent

lecture 2, email 2, etc.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Trigger: Lecture Completed in Teachable
Filter: Only continue if course name matches Lecture 1

Action: Gmail, Outlook, or Zapier Email to send email 1

Once set up and tested, you can then duplicate the zap, change the filter criteria and change the email

Trigger: Lecture Completed in Teachable
Filter: Only continue if course name matches Lecture 1

Action: Gmail, Outlook, or Zapier Email to send email 1

Once set up and tested, you can then duplicate the zap, change the filter criteria and change the email

Hi! Whenever I try to do this the zap only allows me to select the lecture number found in the test data, can you please help me with this?

@GetUWired Hi! Whenever I try to do this the zap only allows me to select the lecture number found in the test data, can you please help me with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi@elishalenko!

You can type your values into the Filter, and compare that to what your trigger step (Teachable) is providing.

Check it out in this example:

3d4cd67b8a8bf701ab6a754354d77475.gif

So on the left-hand side you choose the field that will contain the lecture name, then use (Text) Contains or (Text) Exactly Matches as the condition (depending how confident you are that it will be an exact match), then type the lecture name you’d like to match. 

Can you give that a shot and see if it works for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@elishalenko 

Please share screenshots of your set up steps if you need additional information. 

You will need to manually type in the lecture into the filter as shown in @nicksimard‘s post. Y

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @elishalenko!

Do you still need some help with this? I’d love to know if you were able to set up the filter the way that you needed to. Or if not, let us know where you’re still having trouble and we can see if we’re able to help - as @GetUWired mentioned, screenshots are super helpful (though be careful not to include any personal/private info eg email address). Thanks!