Best answer

Send email with SPECIFIC file attachment based on Mailchimp tag

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to create the following Zap: 

1. Triggered by a Mailchimp tag.
  2. Get the tag.
  3. Send an email to the Mailchimp audience with that tag. The email should have a file attachment as specified in #4 below.
  4. Based on the tag name, pick a file named “tagname” from a central location (Dropbox/Google Drive?) and attach to email before sending.

Is this possible? Has someone tried something similar before?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 September 2022, 10:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @sunillala 

Welcome to the community!

When you say triggered by a Mailchimp tag - do you see a relevant trigger for that here on the Mailchimp page of our app directory? https://zapier.com/apps/mailchimp/integrations

Are you thinking of a brand new tag being added to Mailchimp as the trigger or a subscriber being added to a tag?

We have a trigger for New Subscriber in Segment or Tag but it doesn't sound like that is what you have in mind since you mention emailing the entire audience.

I will keep an eye out for your reply!

Thanks Paul.

So, I should have been more specific. Here is the workflow that I would like:

1. We add a tag to a Mailchimp subscriber.
  2. If tag is “Tag 1”, an email automatically goes out to that subscriber with “File 1” attached. If tag is “Tag 2” a different email goes out to that subscriber with “File 2” attached.  

Hope that makes more sense.

Thanks!

Sunil

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @sunillala!

Yes, you can do that kind of ‘if this happens, then do that’ logic with Zapier. 

The simplest way is to use Paths by Zapier. Paths allow you to create branching logic eg if condition 1 is met, the Zap will run through one set of actions and if condition 2 is met, it will use different actions. 

Paths are available on the Professional plan and up, so if you don’t have that you can also use Filters with more than one Zap to create a similar type of logic. This help guide explains how you can do that. 

Take a look at those and see what you think - will they do what you need them to? If not let us know and tell us why and we might be able to help you with another solution :)