Best answer

Send email with custom head

• 20 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

I am working on a project that would require me to send email with a few custom <meta> tags into the email <head>. Have been looking at integrations like Email by Zapier, Gmail etc but couldn’t find a way to customise the <head> tag.

Have anyone faced something similar or have an idea on how to achieve this?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Luiz 20 February 2024, 19:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Luiz 

Can you provide more details about the requirements and the documentation you are referencing so we have more context?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Sure thing. This is a project based on Typeform, for each complete submission on a form, I need to send an email message to a certain email address that will feed into a CRM app that will look for information on <meta> tags inside the <head> section of the email message.

1. For trigger it would probably need to be New Entry in Typeform app.
  2. For action I have tried using the below:

With both Email by Zapier and Gmail there are a good few options (from, to, cc, bcc, subject, reply-to, body type, body, attachment) but they don’t provide a way to add information into the <head> of the email message, which is what I need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Luiz 

Please link to the documentation you are referencing for this:

I need to send an email message to a certain email address that will feed into a CRM app that will look for information on <meta> tags inside the <head> section of the email message.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone

I’m afraid I’m not able to share that documentation as it’s a private solution from a client, but I can say I have implemented it using PHP and Wordpress and it works as expected following a structure similar to the below:

<head>
<meta name="info-one" content="value-one">
<meta name="info-two" content="value-two">
</head>

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone just realised I have been mistaking html head by email head.

The meta infos are to be inserted inside html head (not email head), and that can be achieved by using the body field of both Email by Zapier and Gmail apps.

So sorry about the confusion, and really appreciate your time and willing to help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for following up here to share the cause of the issue, @Luiz. Really pleased that you were able to pass the necessary <meta> tags within the Body fields on the Email by Zapier and Gmail app actions! 😁🎉

Seems like you’re all set for now but please do reach out in the Community again if you need further help - we’re always here and happy to assist!