Best answer

Send email to address from Google Sheets based on Trello card moving

• 12 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I already created a zap that emails someone when a Trello card is moved to a certain list. The card is formatted like this:

Title: anything

Description: message that should be emailed

Comment: email address that the message should be sent to

The problem is that I want to remove the address from the card comments and have Zapier search for it in a Google Sheet. I was thinking of setting the card title like “Client X” and then Zapier searches for “Client X” in the first column and gets the email address from the corresponding cell in the second column. Is it possible to do this?

I hope that I made myself clear, sorry for any English mistakes. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Janine_Anderson 12 August 2020, 17:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @pedromanfroi! This should be possible. It will be a three-step Zap.

• Start with the Card Moved to List trigger in Trello
  • Then use the Google Sheets action to Lookup Spreadsheet Row. That will look for a row by column and value, and return all data in the row if the value is found in the specified column. Your strategy of naming the card “Client X” and having that be what is in your first column should work!
  • Finally, add your email step. You’ll be able to use the info from your Google Sheets search step to pull in the correct email and set up the message to use the info from your Trello step.

When you customize your email, you’ll be able to click in boxes that says “Type or insert...” and see a menu of options from which to choose. You can select either of your previous steps to find the information you need. It should look something like this:

I hope that helps!