Question

send email from outlook taking inputs from airtable

• 23 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I intend to send email from outlook when(trigger) a column value in an airtable table changes to “Yes”. There are fields with “To email”, “CC Email” and link to onedrive file which needs to be attached to the email.

I tried but somehow unable to find the solution. 

Thanks so much for your help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there @KPFS! 👋

Can you tell us a bit more about where you’re getting stuck in setting this up? Are you running into any errors?

It sounds like you might need to use a Filter by Zapier action in the Zap to check whether the column is set to “Yes”. Have you already added a filter to your Zap? If not you can find out more about how to add filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

If you can share some further details with us here folks in the Community will be better able to help! 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @KPFS! 👋

Can you tell us a bit more about where you’re getting stuck in setting this up? Are you running into any errors?

It sounds like you might need to use a Filter by Zapier action in the Zap to check whether the column is set to “Yes”. Have you already added a filter to your Zap? If not you can find out more about how to add filters here: Add conditions to Zaps with filters

If you can share some further details with us here folks in the Community will be better able to help! 🙂

Hi SamB,

Thanks,

Yes I added filter by Zapier and set it to Yes. This works fine. Also I am now able to get ‘to’ and ‘cc’ from the airtable fields.

But I am stuck at how to get file attachment for the email from onedrive. Filepath is mentioned in a field called ‘File Path’. Is there a  way to retrieve this file?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @KPFS 

Good question.

Best if you have the public direct download link to the OneDrive file.

Else, if you know the unique file name, then you can use this Zap action: OneDrive - Find File

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @KPFS 

Good question.

Best if you have the public direct download link to the OneDrive file.

Else, if you know the unique file name, then you can use this Zap action: OneDrive - Find File

Thanks for your reply Troy. I tried using Find file. I get this error during testing. I experimented with two different inputs in the folder. One is local folder path in my C: drive then I tried with https: file path. But both resulted in this error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there @KPFS! 👋

Hi SamB,

Thanks,

Yes I added filter by Zapier and set it to Yes. This works fine. Also I am now able to get ‘to’ and ‘cc’ from the airtable fields.

But I am stuck at how to get file attachment for the email from onedrive. Filepath is mentioned in a field called ‘File Path’. Is there a  way to retrieve this file?

Thanks

@SamB @Troy Tessalone  Hi Guys,

Can you please help me out here. Thanks so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KPFS 

We’d need to see detailed screenshots with how your Zap step is configured in order to better evaluate the error.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

This is the error(image 1) when I use local onedrive folder input in the airtable field - 

Image1

This is the error(image 2) when I use “https:” onedrive url input in the airtable field - 

Image2

Airtable folder Path field -

Find folder in onedrive step -

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@KPFS 

The Folder field expects just the Folder path.

You can see this by trying to select an existing folder via the Folder field dropdown.

That means no leading C: or https://...

Example: