Best answer

Send a POST webhook to 3commas

• 22 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I want to send a POST webhook to 3commas at the end of the ZAP. I think I did the setup correctly, but I don't get a signal to 3commas. What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by SamB 22 March 2022, 11:47

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rvd20 

Please post the API documentation you are referencing to configure the Webhook request, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It’s been a while so I expect @rvd20 may well have already got this figured out but thought I’d hop in here with an answer for anyone that may be running into the same issue.

The Webhook POST action event would expect a series of key and value pairs to be supplied in the Data fields, not a block of JSON code as it shown in the previous screenshot. Instead, you’d want to use the Custom Request action event:

327511f416b00ffee85ed34193164e26.png
This would allow you to add that JSON for the request in the Data field. You’d need to ensure that the JSON request data is formatted as per in the API’s documentation:
2146094cc63d54faf75a0b06c720f43b.png

It looks like 3commas has documentation on how to connect to their API here: Public Rest API for 3commas.io. And you can find out more about how to set up webhook steps here: Send webhooks in Zaps