Best answer

Send a Google Doc for signature with Docusign

• 23 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Good Evening

My requirement:

Automate a signature request on a document generated by a google form.

I have created a zap to:

1. trigger when a new Google Doc appears in a Google Drive Folder
  2. Then Create a Signature Request in Docusign

My expectation is for my new document to match with the template I have created in Docusign and then for Docusign to create a signature request based on my document, with the signature fields from the template.

It doesn’t, it simply sends my blank template for signature

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jim

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 2 May 2020, 02:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Jim Burton ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into an issue with your template here!

Could you share a screenshot of your set up so we can take a look at your fields? It sounds like the culprit may be the “Template ID” field within your Action step but a screenshot will help us to confirm!

Will be on the lookout for your response!

Hi Liz

Thanks

Screenshot of the Action step below, hope this is what you are after. The Template ID is getting picked up from Docusign and it is an 83% match with the document I am dropping in the trigger folder.

Hi Liz

I hope the screenshot I sent is what you were after. Please let me know if you need anything else. I presume my thinking is correct?

The document I post into the monitored folder on Google Drive is the document that is supposed to be sent out by Docusign for signature.

Thanks

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Jim Burton!

It looks like what you’re looking to do is not possible with the DocuSign integration. We’ve got an existing feature request for creating a signature request using an existing document (like the one that comes from your trigger step). I’ve added your vote to that, so if it gets added you’ll be notified via email.