Best answer

Selecting multiple Salesforce objects

• 18 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m setting up a Zap from JotForm to Salesforce. However, some of the fields from my form align with 2 different objects in Salesforce.  Is there a way to connect to 2 different objects and get the list of all fields in both of those objects?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 23 May 2020, 01:10

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kbeisly!

I’m not 100% sure that I understand what you’re trying to accomplish with JotForm and Salesforce. Would you be able to elaborate a little bit on that for me (screenshots could be helpful, as well)? If you do include screenshots please make sure not to include any personally identifiable information. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m not sure a screen shot would be helpful as I’m not receiving any errors but I drew up the attached image to demonstrate the mapping.  I was working with a much more complex form but dummed it down until I can get it to work. From the form we want to use, we want to send certain fields to Contact Object and other fields to a Custom object.  As JotForm doesn’t support Custom objects in Salesforce, I thought I would be able to do that with Zapier.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@nicksimard Was that chart helpful?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve made what I hope is progress on this.  I set it up so that Jotform send over the Contact Object data, so now I’m trying to use Zapier only for the Volunteer Custom Object.  But I need help interpreting this.  I this telling me that 2 records are being sent, the first being what I want transferred but what is the list below that?  Looks like most of the same fields but all are null?   See additional image below.

I think this means that the Volunteer Info C record doesn’t reflect that name so it can’t find the record in that Object, although it is present in the Contacts Object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kbeisly!

Thanks for the screenshots and diagram! That error looks to be because you used something as the ID that was not the correct field (the Kat1 part). So Salesforce therefore can’t find the object in order to update it.

If you’ve got a single form submission and want to send some fields to one Salesforce object, and other fields to a different Salesforce object it should simply be a matter of using 2 separate Zaps or (more efficiently) one Zap with multiple steps.

If you were creating records in a single Zap:

Trigger: JotForm — New Submission
Action: Salesforce — Create Object 1, mapping only the fields you need
Action: Salesforce — Create Object 2, mapping only the fields you need

If you were updating records in a single Zap:

Action: Salesforce — Find Object 1
Action: Salesforce — Update Object 1 using the ID of what you found, mapping only the fields you need
Action: Salesforce — Find Object 2
Action: Salesforce — Update Object 2 using the ID of what you found, mapping only the fields you need

Or if you were creating with multiple Zaps:

ZAP 1

Action: Salesforce — Create Object ONE using the fields you need

ZAP 2

Action: Salesforce — Create Object TWO using the fields you need

Does that seem like what you’re trying to do or have I misunderstood what you’re after?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks Nick, I kind of figured that out on my own before you had the chance to respond.  I know have a complicated form set up and it’s working! At least 97%. I found it works best to send the Contact Object fields directly from JotForm and only the custom fields thru Zapier. I’m still having issues with the phone numbers from JotForm to Salesforce and am planning to work on transferring those thru Zapier tomorrow.