Question

Selecting individual label to send to Notion

• 21 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am setting up an integration between Gmail and Notion and there are issues:

1. Selecting which gmail label to send: In Gmail i have a label called Notion and sub-labels for each of my clients.  When setting up the zap and selecting what to send over from the label there are multiple labels listed, such as INBOX, IMPORTANT, PERSONAL, Notion, Notion/Client1 and it sends them all over. Is it possible to only want to send over the label with Notion/ in front of it?  Or better yet would be possible for it to select Notion/Client1 and then only send over the text after the “/” (i.e. Client1)?
  2. Filtering out message history: by default the text from the body that is being sent over includes the message history.  Is there a way to filter that out?  Or maybe filter out lines preceded by >? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @devon75,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the “New Label” trigger only supports Parent Labels. If you selected your Parent label the Zap will also trigger the child labels.

However, we have a feature request to only use the child label when using the “New Label” trigger. Is this the feature you’re looking for? If so, please let me know.

Additionally, could you please give me an example screenshot of the Message History that is being sent over in the Gmail trigger? We might be able to use Formatter step to not include the Message History.

Thanks!