I would like to create a digest from all gmail emails left unread at the end of the day, but I want that search firing about once a day. Not on every received email (or every 15 minutes; it’s not clear to me what the interval is).
This is the current set-up that works but runs too frequently:
- Gmail: New Email Matching Search
- Digest: append entry and schedule digest
- Slack: send message to channel
But is too sensitive because it:
- doesn’t account for older emails that were actually handled throughout the day.
- adds every new email to the digest which consumes way too many Zaps!
I tried using the “Schedule” Zap as the first step, but it doesn’t permit “New Email Matching Search in Gmail” as an event as the next step in the pipeline.
Is there a way to just run this search once a day and report on it?
Best answer by jesseView original