Best answer

Searching for Trello Cards by ID?

• 15 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, there!

I am attempting to search for a Trello Card by its ID that I have identified in a previous step in my zap.

My zap goes like this:
Card Moved to List in Trello → some other steps → Delay of 12 hours → Find Card in Trello

I am wanting to check for the exact card from my trigger step to see if it is still in the list.
The issue I have with searching for a card by name is that it is possible that I have a card with the same name (our cards are generated by user activity). Is there a simple way to find a card by its ID so I can see what list it’s in after a period of time? I read that the Find Card search step supports advance querying, but I wasn’t able to determine if that allows me to look for a card by its ID.
Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 18 May 2020, 15:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JakeatGrantMe ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Currently there is not a way to search for a Trello card by ID but fortunately, there is a current 
feature request open for this option!

I've gone ahead and added you as an interested user for this feature which does the following:

• Re-raises this issue with the app’s team
  • Adds weight to this feature request in the queue
  • Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

I don't have an ETA on when or if this feature will go into production, but if it does you will be notified via email.

I know that’s not the news you were hoping for but please let us know if you have any additional questions- happy to help!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, @Liz_Roberts,

Thank you for your response and for taking the steps you’ve outlined above.

This is helpful to know! Now I know that I should proceed by adding a unique identifier to the name of each card.